Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Random Recommendation (20)


Master of the Highlands:
She's back in time...

Lily Hamlin has finally realized that her life isn't as perfect as she once thought. Lily hopes that making a pilgrimage to Scotland, a land she's only heard about in lullabies, will help her to find her place again. But while exploring the Highlands, she discovers an overgrown maze and a strange stone map--and lands in the Lochaber of 1654...

...just in time for him.

Ewen, Chief of the Clan Cameron, is a busy man who must figure out how to save his people from the brutal redcoats and has time for little else. Having sired an heir, the widowed Ewen has no need--or room--for another romance. Then into his life drops a saucy lass with a peculiar accent, no regard for his title--and an arousing body. Drawn to each other despite their differences, they both realize that they don't want Lily to go back to her own time. But with battles brewing between the Camerons, the redcoats, and a rival clan, staying is a gamble.


First published in 2008, this Highlander's story is filled with romance and intrigue. Veronica Wolff wrote an engaging story that will leave you remembering the characters long after you have finished the book.





I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!


4 comments:

  1. Nice cover and the book sounds very much like a good time travel Highlander style read..... Thanks for the heads up Amy, I like this one but is it a stand alone or part of a series?

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, it's part of a series (guess I should have mentioned that LOL), there are 4 out so far, plus Devil's Highlander--which I believe is the first in another series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have looked for myself, just thought I would ask first!


    Thanks...
    Good night for me it is beddie by time....
    jackie^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Worries, I appreciate it when others are willing to help, so I just thought I'd make it easy on you since I already knew!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.