Sunday, August 22, 2010

Love Sucks! by Melissa Francis


Love Sucks!:
AJ Ashe is moving on. Sure she still has not-so-sisterly feelings for Ryan, her ex-boyfriend-turned-step-brother, but there’s a new vampire in town and his name is Alexander Archer. Caught between the desire to move forward with Sexy Lexy and being drawn to her past with Ryan, AJ thinks life couldn’t get anymore complicated. Yeah, right. When her mother’s pregnancy is threatened, it looks like AJ’s long lost father is the only person who can save her. But Dad’s help comes with a price. AJ is forced join the evil side of her family, and a very creepy shape-shifting demon is there to make sure AJ cooperates. All this and she’s still got to plan the prom. Being a teenager is tough, but being a teenage vampire just flat out sucks. Pun totally intended.


Reading the sequel to Bite Me! by Melissa Francis, I loved every minute of this book and finished it within a day because I couldn't put it down. Each page was filled with action, keeping the story fast paced and never boring. Mr Charles, AJ's ex-teacher and kidnapper just months before, has returned--and he's even more determined to become a vampire. Under the influence of someone known only as "Elder" he puts AJ's entire family in danger, forcing them to seek out help in properly training her to use her powers. Her trainer just happens to be a charismatic young Englishman who easily charms every girl he comes into contact with. But AJ still has feelings for Ryan, her ex-boyfriend turned step-brother. Separated by the wishes of their parents because AJ is a vampire and Ryan is a Warlock; sworn protectors of vampires. On top of dealing with her everyday teenage life like coming up with a theme for prom and the life threatening problems at home, poor AJ is stuck in the middle as her two best friends war with each other, only one of her friends is not really her friend at all. And danger to AJ's mother and the baby she carries is closer than they initially believed. After a terrible accident, in order to help save her mother AJ is blackmailed into giving their enemy the magical runes she and her friends discovered that will grant their enemies the ability to travel through time, changing the future for AJ and her family. In order to defeat their enemies, AJ and Ryan form a bond that is impossible to break. Love Sucks! ties up all of the loose ends from Bite Me! beautifully with a conclusion that leaves you with a feeling of the warm and fuzzies.





6 comments:

  1. such a great review! Thanks so much Amy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome review! I haven't read the first book, but it sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a few reviews of this and they are all pretty good. Glad you enjoy this one too! I think I have to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's nice to have all of the loose ends tied up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been vacillating on buying this, along with Bit Me! I think I know I should, what an awesome review! Thank you soo much for contributing to my book buying nature LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this book. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.