Saturday, August 7, 2010

On My Wishlist (12)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.



Love Sucks by Melissa Francis:
AJ Ashe is moving on. Sure she still has not-so-sisterly feelings for Ryan, her ex-boyfriend-turned-step-brother, but there’s a new vampire in town and his name is Alexander Archer. Caught between the desire to move forward with Sexy Lexy and being drawn to her past with Ryan, AJ thinks life couldn’t get anymore complicated. Yeah, right. When her mother’s pregnancy is threatened, it looks like AJ’s long lost father is the only person who can save her. But Dad’s help comes with a price. AJ is forced join the evil side of her family, and a very creepy shape-shifting demon is there to make sure AJ cooperates. All this and she’s still got to plan the prom. Being a teenager is tough, but being a teenage vampire just flat out sucks. Pun totally intended.






Razorland by Ann Aguirre:
In Deuce’s world, individuals become adults—and earn the right to a name—only if they survive their first fifteen years. By this point, each unnamed ‘brat’ has trained into one of three groups: breeders, builders, or hunters. As the names imply, each group has definite roles to play for the survival of the group.



As a Huntress, Deuce’s purpose is clear—to roam the dangerous tunnels outside the enclave and bring back meat to feed the group while evading the ferocious humanoids known as Freaks. This has been the status quo for as far back as anyone can remember; this is, the elders tell everyone, the way it has to be. With the introduction of Fade, a male hunter a couple of years older than Deuce, who had been adopted into her enclave a few years earlier, she becomes aware of the hidden realities of the Orwellian society in which she was born. Deviation from the norm is punished quickly and harshly.


As Deuce’s perception of her world shifts, guided by her complex partnership with Fade, so does the balance in the constant battle for survival in the tunnels. The Freaks, considered dangerous only due to their sheer numbers and ferocious appetite, have long been held as incapable of any level of thought. And yet, as Fade and Deuce encounter them in the tunnels while in a reconnaissance mission to the nearest enclave, the creatures’ behavior is evidently cunning, and therefore more dangerous. It is evident that the danger is imminent, and yet Deuce cannot stem the dark tide that carries her far from the only world she's ever known.




Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting:
The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.

When Violet Ambrose's morbid ability to sense the echoes of those who've been murdered leads her to the body of a young boy, she draws the attention of the FBI. She is reluctantly pulled into an investigation that will endanger more than just her secret...but her relationship and possibly her life as well.











8 comments:

  1. I really want to read Razorland, too! It looks awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desires of the Dead sounds very interesting - and chilling. Hope you get these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to Razorland, and very excited to read Desires of the Dead. I really liked The Body Finder and I am looking forward to reading the sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the fence about Razorland. I think I'll need to read some reviews before deciding if this book is for me.

    I want The Body Finder!! I love how this cover compliments the cover for TBF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that cover for Razor Land. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann Aguirre has maybe a few people on the fence, not me cannot wait for Razorland as it is my Mad Max type reading all the way!!!

    Love your new header picture and you changed your background, very vampirish and cool!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sound of Desires of the Dead. Must add it to my own wishlist.

    All the best - J x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm adding Desires of the Dead to my wishlist now. That one looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.