Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Month In Review: February




February was a bit of a slower reading month for me, my shifts at work have picked up (I'm not complaining at all!), so that eats into reading time. My author visit was a success again this month, but unfortunately my Guest Blogger was down for the count with a really bad flu, I have gotten word that she is on the mend and when she gets her post done I'll be sure to get it up for you all!


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")

1. Street Game by Christine Feehan 4
As always from Christine, is an action packed paranormal story with tension, danger and hot love scenes.

2. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins 4
I don't know why I put off reading this for so long! An incredible debut that is action packed and riddled with mystery.

3. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 4
A secret government agency, a mysterious guy and danger surrounding them all. I loved every moment of this book and am truly looking forward to the next in the series: Supernaturally.

4. My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent 5
Rachel's Soul Screamers series just keeps improving with each new book. I love watching Kaylee grow as she struggles with the knowledge of who she is and her unwavering need to protect those around her.

5. Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers 5
This story was heartbreaking to say the least. Courtney is a gifted writer in teenage drama, an incredible look into the heart of a grieving young woman on the brink of a new chapter in her life.

6. Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright {DNF}
This was my very first DNF, the characters felt hollow and the writing was unemotional. Had I known that this book was based on a movie and not the other way around, I likely would not have purchased it.

7. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead 4
Richelle closed off this series wonderfully. I felt all my questions were answered, although I would have liked to see just a little bit more of a struggle to reach their goals, I truly enjoyed the adventure in this story.

8. Sun Kissed by Catherine Anderson 4
A lovely and sweet romance with just the right amount of danger to add some tension, the characters are believable and easily likeable.

9. Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens 4
I struggled with the beginning of this one, but soon came to truly love the characters. There are some pretty deep subject matters in this book that grabbed me and pulled me right into their lives.

10. Everlasting by Angie Frazier 4
A seafaring adventure and a treasure hunt with a romantic hero who is willing to put the heroines needs before his own as secrets and danger surrounds them.


Author Visit:
Rachel Vincent




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.