Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy


The Accidental Werewolf:
When Marty Andrews gets bitten by a mangy mutt while walking her teacup poodle, her blond hair darkens, the hair on her legs starts growing at an alarming rate, and her mood swings put her dream job as a sales rep for Bobbie- Sue Cosmetics in serious jeopardy.

Then a drool-worthy man shows up at her door claiming that he accidentally bit Marty. And since he's a werewolf, she is now, too. Thinking Keegan Flaherty is clearly insane, Marty refuses to believe a word until a kidnapping makes her realize there's more at stake than just her highlights. And she must put her out-of-control life in the hands of the man who makes her blood run wild in more ways than one...



Dakota Cassidy is a distinctive and creative writer who utilizes humor whenever she can. Her comic and snarky remarks kept me laughing throughout the book and I felt the pace flowed smoothly and quickly, with just a hint of suspense to notch up the tension factor. Dakota made her werewolf lore believable and enjoyable to read. Her twists and turns kept me turning pages until the very end. I do admit in the very beginning Marty's obsession with Color Wheels and her kinda pushy attitude towards selling cosmetics got on my nerves a bit. But as I got to know her, I began to really like Marty as a person. She is a successful and independent woman, and when her body starts changing after being bitten by a strange dog, she is adamantly against believing something strange is happening. When alpha male, Keegan, shows up at her door explaining that he was the "dog" that accidentally bit her when she was saving her teacup poodle from his jaws, Marty is still unbelieving....That is until she gets angry and sprouts a tail! (This had me giggling non-stop.) After being kidnapped and follows Keegan home for his protection, where sparks really begin to fly between them. Marty becomes more accepting of the changes in her life and the new role she will play in Keegan's family, but things are made even more difficult by certain pack members that don't want Marty to be with Keegan. There are also those that believe a human-turned-werewolf is simply unnatural and don't want her to be in the pack at all. While her career at Bobby Sue Cosmetics is temporarily put on hold, it seems that certain people in the company are not too enthusiastic to see her return. And a surprising twist with an unknown family connection could change Marty's life forever.






17 comments:

  1. Sheesh Dakota!

    I don't know what I'd do if the hair on MY LEGS started growing at an alarming rate!!!! LOL!! They're bad enough as is, then to turn in to an accidental wearwolf & to be super hairy. I thought wearwolves were kind of sexy (you know, like Jacob from Twilight), but I never stopped to think about all that hair on a female wolf! LOL! Anyway, I can't wait to read your books!

    Ciao For Now,
    Keep up the good work! You're hilarious. PS. too bad you can't stop your bad habit kiddo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dakota,

    I don't know how you keep comming up with such funny ideas for books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dakota, you do keep me in stitches!! :) Every time I get a newsletter you make me smile.
    Theresa N
    weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dakota, You make me laugh in every interview. Just curious will you be doing any signing down south at any time. Say in GA, TN, or AL?
    scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your books Dakota. Where do you see the series going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. first your pic is cool only you could pull it off
    and then if you write the book how do you get the people in the books do you ever look in storys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dakota, thanks for all the laughs at a time when I need them the most!!! Keep them coming!!!! Forever! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey DC, I didn't know that "The Stand" was on your top 3 list! It is on mine, too. But, I haven't read the other two, so I will have to check them out. Do you watch much TV? Do you prefer scripted or reality shows? Luv u, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your books, I get lost in the books and no matter how bad the day has been...you make me smile and laugh. When I am lucky enough to get your newest book...I read it straight thru then am on pins and needles to get my next fix..LOL

    Thank you so much for all the laughter you have brought to my life...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your books, just eat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in-I've bookmarked the page and plan to return regularly-this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you have more then one book started at a time..which you are writing that is? It amazes me how some authors can do a couple different books at a time. I can read more then one at a time so guess it is the same for authors who writes more than one. susan Leech

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's this? You don't wear your tiara when writing? I thought it was your own special "thinking cap". I'm so disillusioned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You mention Nina Bangs as having written one of your favorite books (I enjoy that series too)and being influential in paranormal romance. Did you name the character of Nina after her?

    Which character might you have based on yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read Accidently Catty.....I loved it! I love Nina Bangs books also. Any author with that quirky of a sense of humor is a lot of fun to read. That is also what has drawn me to your books. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your books and your humor! Just picked up my copy of Accidentaly Catty and can't wait to get finished with my current book (Dark Prince Authors Cut by Christine Feehan) and start yours!
    I also love Nina Bangs and have all of her books, love her new series!
    I always look forward to your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dakota! All of your books ROCK!! Keep 'em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.