Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (41)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Today's book: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


I stared out the classroom window and longed for freedom, wanting to be anywhere in the world other than gaping up at my economics teacher like the rest of my classmates. The last time I had listened to him, Mr. Meyer had been lecturing about fiscal policy, and then that was when he'd lost me. My eyes rolled over to my best friend, Kate Green, who was doodling inarticulate flowers all over herself. Meanwhile, I was reduced to staring at the wiry, gray chest hair puffing out at the collar of Mr. Meyer's polo shirt like overgrown steel wool and wondering whether he'd ever considered waxing. (page 1)



Here is how it works:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2 or 3) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Remember to show the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!






1 comment:

  1. I am in total sympathy. I would want to be anywhere but in an economics classroom too!

    Here's min: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.