Thursday, March 3, 2011

Theme Thursday (2)


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:

  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – FURNITURE


"School. You talked to Brewster so I could get back in, right?" I crossed the room to rifle through the laundry on the chair and the pieces that had spilled over onto the floor, thanks to Alona, searching for a clean T-shirt and boxers.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade





6 comments:

  1. I can picture a room full of laundry ... and the only sign of a furniture being there would be a bigger pile of clothes :)

    Glad you found one this week.. I realized this was a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I like the book cover and I can also relate to the pile of clothes. There's always laundry piled up around here. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/themed-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one and LOVE the cover!

    You can find mine HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my place. Somehow all the laundry NEVER makes it to the closet and drawers. There's always some piled somewhere.

    HEre's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday-furniture.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this one somewhere else this week too! Too bad that ghost won't help with the laundry - I'd be wicked jealous if that were the case ;)

    I picked something from The Dressmaker.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.