Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday Random Recommendation (49)


I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!



Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder:
First Published: January 2010

Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.




9 comments:

  1. Hi Dakota
    Its good to see you. I have a question about your Accidentally series. How many more are you going to do and when are they coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dakota

    I have one more question i forget to ask. I am going to DragonCon again this year.And want to know if you had any swag, you want to put out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dakota! Thanks for your post on Facebook about this! Love your books... AND your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens when you run out of paranormal casts for your accidental series? ex (you did vampire, werewolf, demon ect)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard and read so many fantastic things about your series! I was thinking of starting "Accidental Werewolf" today. Now I know it is what I was supposed today. Got the link from All Things Urban Fantasy. Will let you know what I think...Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not so much a question as a comment. I've seen your books on all sorts of sites, "Fresh Fiction" comes to mind first, and love the covers...what a hoot! I have yet to read one of your books but I think I would really enjoy a mix of paranormal & humor. What fun!

    By the way...love the crown!

    --Cecilia
    ceciliah(AT)apl(DOT)kscoxmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dakota,
    Interesting that you once thought/drempt of singing a duet with Barry Manilow...both my wife and I used to really enjoy his songs, and duets! Now my wife really enjoys reading your novels! (I must also admit that I have on occasion read one or two also! But don't tell her!)

    Johnathan
    jnkml888 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dakota!! Long time - no tweet.. ;o)

    I think it's cool that you called your humorous paranormal series "Accidental" since you started out as an "accidental" author. LOL!!
    Good for you!! I didn't know that about you. Must've been fate, huh?

    Thanks for the fun!
    Char

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.