Thursday, July 28, 2011

Theme Thursday (23)

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – ANY ACTION (Go, Walk, Close, Clap, etc)


Olivia bowed her back, leaning out of reach. Without her wings to balance her, she stumbled and nearly fell to the floor.


The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter






9 comments:

  1. Wings??? Is she a fairy??..Ooo...if so must read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read! OOOOH - what a cover. This is a definite add to my wishlist. Thanks :)

    Here’s mine:
    http://tweezlereads.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-any-action.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, that is an awesome teaser to go along with a kick ass cover!! I think this book is going to find it's way on my wishlist!!

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday_28.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, what happened to her wings??

    My theme post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    Poor thing! I hope she gets her wings back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds interesting! Great choice for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I bowed my back, I'd probably topple over too. Not well-balanced enough....

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-any-action.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia has wings?? Is she a mythical character? You always manage to tease.... The cover needless to say is stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a teaser! Love the cover! Def one for my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.