Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (28)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)




Jace Hammond
Book: Shift by Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters


He's a cat shifter and enforcer for the South Central Pride. Bright cobalt blue eyes that a girl could get lost in, brown hair, well defined biceps and broad shoulders. His grin shows off two rows of perfect white teeth, framed by lips that would be wasted on speech. The hard plane of his chest sits above tightly rippled abs. He likes to joke and tease, but underneath he can be as serious and loyal as any leader.






Quotes:


"If I love you more than you love me, I'm as good as dead. Yet I can't make myself take it back. I can't just walk away from you, because every time you pass by me without smiling, without touching my hand, or at least making eye contact, it feels like I'm dying inside. And I'm pretty sure that hurts worse than whatever Marc would do to me. Whatever your dad would do.

"Hell, Faythe, I'm pretty sure that never touching you again would hurt worse than the nastiest death Calvin could think up for me."



"Let her go or I'll kill him." Jace said, and my pulse thumped against the hand at my throat. He'd do it. I could see that in his eyes.



5 comments:

  1. Hot! I've never read about a male cat. Must put this on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot! I've heard of this series and it's on my TBR list for ages. Awesome. Another gorgeous Jace to add to my list!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first quote is killing me. You can feel how deep is love is. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow...never read about a male cat shifter...or any female ones that much...gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series but it sounds interesting. I'm not a cat person but maybe I could make an exception for Jace ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.