Thursday, July 14, 2011

Theme Thursday (21)

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – BODY PARTS (Hands, Feet, Fingers, Waist, etc.)


Witchery? "No, she said hastily. "I told you, I fell in through that hole"--she jerked her thumb up in the direction of the shaft of sunlight--"and you were already in here. I landed on you. I have no idea how you got here."


Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning



11 comments:

  1. Sounds fun reading! Great choice for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one made me chuckle - she landed on him...
    Here's my: Thursday Theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snippet made me laugh! Good one!

    Here's my Theme post: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-body-parts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I love her books. I'll have to check this one out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series! I hate that she is not going to continue it...I never really got into her Fever series...

    Theme Thursday: Savor the Danger

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be funny to watch...

    Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-partes-do-corpo.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these books!!!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/theme-thursday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumb.. Who would have thought ? I was hoping for more hips and long legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. +JMJ+

    The thumb isn't so bad. ;-) I've read this book and know the context of this scene: the rest of the body parts--both his and hers--are implied by "I landed on you."

    I'm very late this week, but I'd appreciate it if you checked out my Theme Thursday post as well. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.