Friday, July 1, 2011

Month In Review: June




June...is over. And with the end of June comes summer vacation for my son. What am I going to do with him home every day?! Thank goodness we live in a city where there is a beach! Anyway, June was a pretty good reading month for me, eleven books! The wonderfully talented Cynthia Leitich Smith did an awesome interview with me, and my guest blogger shared her love if Harry Potter!


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")

1. Betrayal by Mayandree Michel 3
The premise of this book was really good, unfortunately, there was just too much writing to wade through to truly enjoy the story.

2. When Beauty Tamed the Beast Eloisa James 5
I adore fairy tale re-tellings, and Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite tales. This was executed beautifully and uniquely done without any spells, other than the magic of love.

3. Blessed by Cynthia Leitich Smith 5
The wonderful conclusion to the Tantalize trilogy, full of action and romance; just the right combination to keep me turning pages.

4. Heart of the Highland Wolf by Terry Spear 4
Honestly not my favorite of the series, but Terry's wolves are hard to resist!

5. Once Every Never (ARC) by Lesley Livingston 4
With the exception of the major world building in the beginning, I loved this book. It's unique and has Lesley's flare for humor and romance.

6. Nailed by Jennifer Laurens 4
This was a cute summer read, the typical love triangle with a sweet ending that left my heart pitter-pattering.

7. Released by Megan Duncan 4
A fun but dangerous adventure as the characters try to survive a demon apocalypse. It kept me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time.

8. Goddess of the Sea by P.C. Cast 5
The first book to make me absolutely bawl in ages! The romance and intrigue had me turning page-after-page.

9. Pluto's Ghost by Sheree Fitch 4
This book hooked me from the very first page. It's emotional and heart breaking, with such a hopeful ending it left me smiling.

10. Show No Mercy by Cindy Gerard 5
I love alpha males, and this book definitely did not disappoint! There were times when I wanted to hit the guy in the head and say "Look, she's right in front of you!" But I loved how involved I became with the story.

11. Stick by Andrew Smith 5
There is just so much I want to say about this book, but I'll keep it simple: AMAZING. It's powerful, touching and a story of brotherhood and the lengths they will go to protect one another.




Author Visit:



Guest Blogger:
Monica




1 comment:

  1. Great reading for June. Not one have I read, but some I'd like to.
    Happy July reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.