Saturday, July 16, 2011

On My Wishlist (60)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - a linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.




The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting:
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye....




Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey:
Seventeen-year-old Braden was born with witch eyes. He has the ability to see the world as it truly is: a blinding explosion of memories, anguish, darkness, and magic. The power enables Braden to see through spells and lies, but it comes at the cost of horrible pain.

After a terrifying vision reveals imminent danger for the uncle who raised and instructed him, Braden is lured to Belle Dam, an old city divided by two feuding witch dynasties. Rival family heads Catherine Lansing and Jason Thorpe are desperate to use Braden's powers to unlock Belle Dam's secrets, but Braden refuses to become their sacrificial pawn. His resolve is tested when he learns that Jason is his father—and that Trey, the enigmatic guy he's attracted to, is Catherine's son.

To stop an insidious dark magic from consuming the town, Braden must master his gift—even if the effort destroys him.




A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day:
Can a love that transcends death survive a war between angels, vampires, and lycans?

An angel with immense power and insatiable desire, Adrian Mitchell leads an elite Special Ops unit of the seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen--angels who have become vampires--and command a restless pack of indentured lycans.

But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals--losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her: Shadoe, her soul once more inhabiting a new body that doesn't remember him. This time he won't let her go.

With no memory of her past as Shadoe, Lindsay Gibson knows only that she can't help being fiercely attracted to the smoldering, seductive male who crosses her path. Swept into a dangerous world of tumultuous passion and preternatural conflict, Lindsay is soon caught between her angel lover, her vampire father, and a full-blown lycan revolt. There's more at stake than her love and her life--she could lose her very soul...




8 comments:

  1. So excited for A Touch of Crimson! It'll be my first Sylvia Day book - I know, I know, for shame. Though...I wonder what the guy's shirt looks like in the back to work around those wings. Hmmm.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey - its nice to read a book from a guys perspective!

    The Last Echo reminds me of Charlaine Harris' Grvae Sight series, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for The Last Echo as well. Great list! Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower,,and I want to read those books now,,lol I especially like The Last Echo and Touch of Crimson,,I hope you get them,,
    thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wishlist, I especially lik ethe look of WItch Eyes, it sounds reall good! Have a great weekend : )

    My Wishlist

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to start reading a Touch of Crimson. It sounds like such a great book
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for The Last Echo. Jay *sigh*

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Witch Eyes is on my list too. My featured wishlist is Rapunzel's Daughters. Please come see what else is on my plate.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.