April is over and spring is in the air! I can't wait for some warmer weather! I managed to read twelve books this month; I had one of my favorite authors visit and a great guest post from a friend and fellow blogger.
Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")
1. No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole 5
The second book in this series, and just as powerful as the first. Filled with danger, action and page-turning romantic tension.
2. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar 4
An emotional story of the struggles a victim experiences, and how sometimes telling someone else can save you from yourself.
3. Choker by Elizabeth Woods 4
This creepy book had me on the edge of my seat the entire time!
4. A Song For My Mother by Kat Martin 4
A beautifully written book about the struggles and power of a relationship between a mother and daughter. And just enough romance to melt your heart.
5. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn 3
I wasn't too impressed with Kitty's character in the beginning, but she grew on me!
6. Clarity by Kim Harrington 5
I loved all of the characters and the intense storyline filled with twists and turns.
7. Deadly Little Games by Laurie Faria Stolarz 4
I'm not too sure where things may be going with Adam, but it definitely added a lot of tension to the story, and kept me reading.
8. Ski Weekend by R.L. Stine 3
Part of the YA of the 80's and 90's Challenge. Not one of the best from R.L. Stine, but it still has that who-dunnit vibe.
9. Stargazer by Claudia Gray 4
I really like where this series is going, I hope the next book is just as intriguing.
10. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare 4
While not as completely engrossing as the first three of this series, I thoroughly enjoyed where Cassandra is taking the series.
11. Dream Smashers by Angela Carlie 5
This was a sweetly romantic story about learning to let go and to have a little faith in something more than meets the eye.
12. Penitence by Jennifer Laurens 5
An incredible follow-up to the first book. More romance, more danger and an incredible cliffhanger ending!
Marjorie M Liu
Marjorie M Liu