Saturday, April 30, 2011

Guest Blogger: Tegan of Not Your Faery Tale



Today I welcome Tegan from Not You Faery Tale! Put down your bags, pull up a chair and tell me a story!


Hello I hate starting guest posts, I never know what to say. So I'm just going to say "hey" and leave it at that.


ABOUT ME: I am a nineteen year old College Student. I love kids, my sister has three and we really believe that it takes a village to raise them, or at least a lot of family. I am going to school for Early Childhood Education. So for today's post I am going to talk about a book and a movie, which really helped me while I was growing up.


This pic was taken at a Christmas party. I am totally fine with sitting on the floor and chilling. My mother on the other hand's reply to this was "No wonder all of our kids just sits on the floor" This is my baby niece Mia, she's that baby of the babies. And I have more pictures of me and her then of any of the other kids. I get stuck with the chubber Twin while everyone else gets tiny.




Also About Me: I am a Sagittarius in the full meaning, if there was one word to describe me, it would be that. I have five tattoos, and a cat who is never far from me when I'm at home.


QUOTE TO LIVE BY: Forever is Composed of Nows - Emily Dickson.

Song on Repeat Hanging by a Moment by LifeHouse and Halo by Beyonce (A friend died last year and this song really helped me)

MY LINKS:
BLOG: Not You Faery Tale & Twisted Fates Cafe
TWITTER: Tegan19
TUMBLR: Walking On Stars


CURRENTLY READING
Rampant - Diana Peterfreund



So there's this book and I'll love it forever.

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCaffery
“My parents suck ass. Banning me from the phone and restricting my computer privileges are the most tyrannical parental gestures I can think of. Don’t they realize that Hope’s the only one who keeps me sane? . . . I don’t see how things could get any worse.”
-----
This book got me through high-school. I don't normally like diary books, but Jessica Darling is amazing. Jessica is fun quirky. Her best friend moved away (much like mine did) and her period is M.I.A and she's having issues with the school's bad boy. At the end of March I had surgery and I brought the Jessica Darling books with me. They are my blanket book. I love Jessica! and I fricken love Marcus!


Quickie of the series:
Second Helpings: I love this book it is my fav of the series, as much as I love Sloppy First, Second Helps is mind blowing.

Charmed Thirds: Oh wow. what can I say this is NOT a YA book though I have found it in the YA at the library many-a-times. Jessica is in Collage

Forth Comings: More Jess different format. It's pretty great. Its my least fav book.

Perfect Fifths: A Perfect Ending. I actually cried in the book store when I put the book in my hands. and then while I was reading it. And then when it was over. Jess is all grown up.
------------------------


So here's a movie review of one of my favorite movies.


There's always a movie that you watch growing up that sticks with you, and for me its Clueless.

SO Clueless is about this girl Cher, who a rich-popular sixteen-year-old girl and she's going through a rough time. The movie starts out and she's getting her grades and she gets a bad grade in class so she's talking her ways out of it. But she can't shake this one teacher, so what she does is sets the teacher up with another teacher, and she love the feeling of doing good for others. Enter the new girl: Ti, who she's a bottle-red-head who's wears jeans and flannel shirts, totally not what you want to look like at this school Cher takes Ti under her wings and builds her up. Until she's the most popular girl in school. Cher is going through a lot of the same things a lot of teens go through. And her father is a brilliant character; he has all these amazing one liners. The Love Story at least for me has a minor aspect; I don't think it's a huge part of the story, I think that Cher's story is more of a coming into age story, then a love story.

This is such an amazing 90's movie that you just have to love. I know every word of it, and I watch it at least twenty times a year. And to top it all off it is based off of Emma by Jane Austen.

This movie is rated pg-13. But it's pg-13 from 1995. And I've been watching it since I was 6, so I may be a little biased.

Quote:
Josh: Look, I'm just curious. How many hours a day do you spend grooming yourself?
Cher: Some people are not lucky enough to be as naturally adorable as you are.
Josh: Stop it, you're making me blush.


---------
SNIP-IT OF MY WRITING:

I grabbed a pull-over-sweater from the back of my door, and my bag from the end of my bed, and I walked to the door and slipped on a pair of flats and left go catch the bus.
I walked to the edge of the drive way and sat on the cold icy pavement until I saw the bus, turn the corner.

I stood up and boarded the bus. And the stares started. First from the bus driver, next from the students. I pulled into the first empty seat I could find and I sat, staring out at the window.
I heard a chorus of whispers from all around me. I pressed my head against the window and started to count down from one hundred.

Ninety-nine, ninety-eight ninety-seven . . .

Somewhere around the fifties, I felt a body next to mine. I felt hands over mine. I knew without looking that it was Ren. I moved myself from the window and put my head into his chest, and breathed in his rich, scent.

“I love you.” He whispered into my ear, it was void of any and all emotion and it made everything better. Moments passed. And everything was perfect.

“If only we could pretend forever.” I said after the bus came to final stop. And everyone started to unload the bus, I raised my fingers to the necklace he had around his neck. A stone of jade, Jade had gotten him.

Thank you, Tegan for stopping by my blog today! I hope you all enjoyed getting to know her a little better!




1 comment:

  1. wrote that like a month ago, and I am still reading Rampant

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.