1. When did you first start writing, and was there something in particular that inspired you?
I started writing in junior high school: plays, books, all very Nancy Drew and Walton’s in nature: big families with mysteries. After my 6 kids were all old enough to be in school I picked it up again after taking a night class. I’d read Nora Roberts’ River’s End and thought, “I want to bring joy into people’s lives just like that book brought a little joy into mine.”
2. What first attracted you to the urban fantasy realm when it comes to writing?
I love the ideas of guardian angels, having a handicapped child has forced me to ponder limitless reasons for WHY things are the way they are. I’d had the ideas in Heavenly in my head for years: answers to a mother’s pain. I had to write them down.
3. In regards to your own characters, who is your favorite and why?
I don’t have a favorite, they’re like children to me.
4. What other genres (besides your own) do you enjoy reading?
5. If you could not be a writer, what would you be?
A film maker.
6. As a reader I know how difficult it can be to name a ‘favorite’ book, would you mind listing your top three? (Past or present authors)
Endless Love by Scott Spencer is one of the most beautifully written books on the planet. Nora Roberts’ Honest Illusions is her best work, and we all know how perfectly she puts a scene together.
7. What are some must haves when you sit down to write?
Something sweet and fizzy to drink that has ZERO calories. My soundtrack.
8. If you became trapped as a character in a book or series, which would you choose and why? (Any book, any series, new or old)
Ouch. Hard! Honest Illusions. Roxy’s fabulous and Luke is….well….there are no words.
Jennifer has generously offered up a book and swag of choice! T-shirts: Eden, Overprotected, Ab-so-lute-ly, and Heavenly. Totes: Overprotected and Heavenly. Keychains and magnets.
Here is an example of what you can choose from:
- Leave a comment and then fill out the form below.
- Contest runs until May 22, 2011 12AM EST.
- Open internationally.