Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (16)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Grant Cooperon
Book: The Iron Hunt by Marjorie M Liu
Series: Hunter Kiss

A former priest that can see and change auras with his music; in a crowd, he stands out like a wolf among a pack of dogs. Brown hair that tumbles past his collar, his face is too angular to be called pretty, but he is tall and his body full of hard planes and lines. His eyes are brown under a strong brow. Although he uses a carved wooden cane due to a leg injury, he is only in his thirties and moves fluidly.









Quotes:

"Now," he says, and the quiet urgency, the fear in his voice, is enough to make me tear my gaze from the sky and watch him tap his temple with a shaking hand. "I had seen you before. Up here. I dreamed your colors, your aura, before I ever met you. And I knew..." He stops, his eyes growing hot, bright. "I knew I would love you. I knew then, and I knew it after. I couldn't help myself." - Hunter Kiss novella


"I trust you because I know you," he whispered in my ear. "And I love you, Maxine Kiss."


Grant rubbed his thumb over the back of my hand. "I hadn't planned on letting you out of my sight quite so soon. I seem to remember making an impassioned speech last night."





6 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting. I have only read one Liu book and it was an Xmen kind of thing. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "his face is too angular to be called pretty, but he is tall and his body full of hard planes and lines."

    Love that description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Liu, I think I might start with this one. He sounds fab.

    My book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Grant is totally an awesome, awesome pick for a Book Boyfriend. :D

    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. "he stands out like a wolf among a pack of dogs."

    Wow! That is quite a statement. Grant now has my imagination running wild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea!!

    Jessica
    http://curledupwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.