Friday, April 1, 2011

Month in Review: March



I can't believe that March is over already! Seriously, where did the month go? I turned twenty-nine and my son had his very first "March Break" from school! This month both my author visit and my guest blogger were able to appear on my blog and I managed to read seven books. I really need to pick up my pace again!


Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")


1. The Eternal Sea (ARC) by Angie Frazier 4
An excellent follow-up to her debut book, Everlasting, filled with even more sea-faring adventure and romance.

2. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney 4
An incredible addition to the young adult paranormal genre, with unique characters and an ending that left me with a desire for more.

3. Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian 4
A great beginning to this series, I'll definitely be picking up the other books!

4. Lunarmorte by Samantha Young 4
More unique werewolf lore that loved with Greek mythology blended in to create an incredible world within its pages.

5. The Lost Saint by Bree Despain 3
Although not as incredible as The Dark Divine, this cliffhanger ending will leave you screaming for more!

6. Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr 5
I was so sad to see this series end, but this action packed adventure definitely has a beautiful ending.

7. Awakened by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast 4
Just like Alex said on Twitter: "[...] HoN and drugs are alike. These books aren't that good. You should read them anyway."

The individual books in this series have become rather repetitive in my eyes, it's the over-all story arc that keeps me reading...but this was one of my favorite books in the series.


Author Visit:

Dakota Cassidy


Guest Blogger:
JP




1 comment:

  1. I wanna read The Lost Saint!
    I wish I was 29 again... LOL
    Happy April Reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.