Sunday, January 2, 2011

Vampire Crush by A.M. Robinson


Vampire Crush:
I swear, my life was always totally normal.

Normal house, normal family, normal school. My looks are average, I don't have any superpowers, no one's showing up to tell me I'm a princess—you get the picture. But when my junior year started, something not normal happened. There were new kids at school . . . new kids with a wardrobe straight out of a 19th-century romance novel, and an inexplicable desire to stay at school until sundown.

And on top of that, James Hallowell showed up. James, who stole my sandwiches in fourth grade and teased me mercilessly through middle school. James, who now seems to have the power to make my heart race any time he comes near.

But something weird is going on. Because James rarely goes out during the day. And he seems stronger than your typical guy. And he knows the new kids, all of whom seem to be harboring some kind of deep secret. . .




This debut novel by A. M. Robinson was a a really nice and easy read. The vampire folklore about a mysterious missing child was interesting and unique. the main character, Sophie, seems to be a hard girl to get close to, but that all begins to change when James re-enters her life. The new students at her school seem a little strange and Sophie begins to investigate them fearing some kind of a cult when her sister gets involved with Vlad, their leader. The path her investigation leads Sophie into danger and James suddenly becomes very protective. Vlad believes that Sophie is the girl he has been looking for, a girl that can change his status in the vampire world. Vlad pursues Sophie with wild abandon, threatening her family in order to obtain her compliance. Impatient with Sophie, Vlad kidnaps her sister and forces Sophie to choose between the life of her sister and her own. Choosing to save her sister has life changing consequences for Sophie, only something goes awry when James shows up to save her, and it is something no one was expecting.






1 comment:

  1. I am really wanting to read this one since I have seen it around , Glad its as good as the blurb sounds like it is.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.