Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (1)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!

How it works:
1. On Wednesdays, make a post about a fictional boy that totally made you swoon! In your post, make sure you include your book boyfriend's stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and a quote from him that had you at hello. Credit the book and please include page number(s) when you can. (I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)
2. Grab the My Book Boyfriend button to include in your post.
3. Be sure to come back here and add the DIRECT link to your post on the Mr. Linky Widget that will be provided here on Wednesdays.
4. Don't forget to check out other people's My Book Boyfriend posts. Everyone that agrees to participate will try to visit others and leave comments. Bloggers love comments.
5. Anyone is welcome to join at anytime, but no one is obligated to participate every week.
6. In your post provide a link back to this My Book Boyfriend introduction post so that other people can find the information about participating.






Hari (Dasypygal)
Book: Tiger Eye by Marjorie M Liu
Series: Dirk & Steele

Hari is a tiger shape shifter once cursed into a riddle box by a powerful Magi for centuries. Upon regaining his freedom within his predatory nature, he still retained an incredible softness in his heart. He is tall, lean and his skin is tawny from the sun. His strong, chiseled face and golden eyes are framed by thick hair of red, gold and sable. The scars carved into his chest do nothing to distract the eye from his taught muscles, and his protective attitude would make any girl feel feminine and loved.






Quotes:

"You are the first to say so in two thousand years," he said. "You are the first to believe. That is an honor worth any pain. Worth even death."


"When you die, Delilah, so will I. I will be dead to the world, and that is the way it should be. I do not want to be summoned again. Let me fall into the earth at your side, and I will be content. An eternity, dreaming of you."






6 comments:

  1. Awe! Those quotes are so swoon.

    I'm glad to learn about your book boyfriend. The only other Tiger shifter met in a book, I didn't like. Hari sounds sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read one of Liu's books - an Xmen one - and now I think I may need to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shifters & I've never read about a tiger shape shifter before.... especially one who sounds so swoon-worthy. This is definitely being added to my TBR list! great pick =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very nice! I don't see many tiger shifters in PNR. He sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I need to read this one. LOVE the quote! Rawr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read these books. Love the quote! Awesome. It's about a tiger shape shifter. How cool is that? I might have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.