Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (34)


This is a fun weekly meme hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World of Books.

Books I read last week:
My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Ash by Malinda Lo
Evernight by Claudia Gray



The book I’m reading now:
Poison Study:
Yelena, convicted of murdering the son of a powerful general, awaits execution. But with only a few hours left, she is offered an incredible reprieve -- and agrees to become the new food taster for Commander Ambrose, the military leader of Ixia. Living in a palace and eating only the best meals is a dramatic change for Yelena, who spent the last year locked up in a rat-infested dungeon, eating gruel. But she soon realizes that she has more to worry about than ingesting potentially lethal poisons in the commander's meals. The general whose son she murdered has vowed bloody vengeance, and everyone in the commander's retinue look at Yelena as an untrustworthy criminal. The longer she stays alive, however, the more she begins to understand her own perplexing abilities -- all of which will be put to the test when cunning rebels plot to take control of Ixia.


Books that spark my interest this week:
Grimspace by Ann Aguirre
XVI by Julia Karr
Wish by Alexandra Bullen



2 comments:

  1. Great list of books! The only one I have already read is Poison Study but I have a number of the others on my TBR stack. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm re-reading a fav: Endless Love by Scott Spencer. A writer's bible. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.