Monday, January 10, 2011

Confessions of a Vampire's Girlfriend by Katie MacAlister



Confessions of a Vampire's Girlfriend:

Two Katie MacAlister vampire novels—Got Fangs? and Circus of
the Darned—now back in print and together for the first time!

Meet Francesca. She’s in Europe, working in a traveling faire along with psychics, magicians, and other really bizarre people. Her life? Not-so-normal. Her boyfriend, Ben? Not-so-alive. And in these two novels, it’s up to Francesca to redeem his soul, find something to wear on their very first date, deal with her emerging psychic talent, and shake the warring Viking ghosts she accidentally conjured.










I had no idea that Katie MacAlister wrote young adult books under the name Katie Maxwell. And just like her adult books, this book is filled with humor and just the right amount of snark. Even the secondary and minor characters were fun and interesting, I wish I could have had a little bit more of their stories too. There were a few threads that weren't tied up as much as I'd like, besides that this was a fun and quick read. Fran feels like an outsider since her mom decided to drag her off to Europe to travel with the GothFaire, she has a few friends, Imogen and Soren, within the faire and is totally unprepared for Benedikt, Imogen's Dark One brother. Fran is Ben's Beloved, the key to saving his soul, and from the beginning she trusts him with the secret of her ability to sense people and feelings by touching with her bare hands. A trait she believes makes her a freak, but comes in handy when someone begins stealing money from the faire and later when something of hers is stolen. Danger has come to the GothFaire, but together the help of her friends she discovers the identity of the thief and how to conjure Valkryies in order to send the Viking ghosts to Valhalla. I'm excited to read the rest of their story in the new Ben and Fran book In the Company of Vampires, but just a warning; the new book is not appropriate for young adults.






2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one - I read all of Katie's books, although the dragon ones are my favorites - can't wait for Baltic 2! Glad you enjoyed it!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have just given you a blog award. Click here to go directly to the post.

    Congratulations!,
    Zakiya :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.