Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han


We'll Always Have Summer:
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.







Jenny Han finished this trilogy off beautifully. From start to finish this book was an emotional roller-coaster, and once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. Jenny's characters really jumped off the pages and made me feel a part of their story; and with the point-of-views changing between Belly and Conrad it gave you a much more intimate feel of their emotions.

Belly and Jeremiah have been together for two years, ever since Conrad walked out of her life. Jeremiah betrays Belly and thinks that the way to prove himself to her is to marry her, when she agrees it is the beginning of the happily-ever-after she always dreamed of. Only that changes as a fight with her mother has her running for the summer home she grew up in with not only her family, but the Fishers (Jeremiah and Conrad) as well. The summer house is not empty as she had expected, Conrad is there and their time together brings old feelings back to the surface. No matter how many times Conrad has hurt her in the past, Belly simply cannot get him: her first love, out of her heart. Belly and her mother reconcile, but shortly after Conrad makes a confession and Belly has to choose between the boy who loves her but once left her heart-broken and the boy who loves her but once betrayed her.






4 comments:

  1. "Belly has to choose between the boy who loves her but once left her heart-broken and the boy who loves her but once betrayed her" - that's awful!:( I didn't know this was a series. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks so good! I've got to read it so I can recommend it to my students -- they're devouring my romances faster than I can pass them out!
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read Its Not Summer Without You.

    I can't wait. the first one was great.

    Must finish The Help and then I might start its not summer with out you. The Summer I turned Pretty was pretty amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jst got the nook and the summer i turned pretty is the first book i read! I read all three of the in 3 days! (mostly becuase i like to stay up until 2 in the morning and read) they were great! True to life, and well writen! Wonderful! I wish there was another. My favorite was the first book though. Yet, over all jst the best!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.