Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


The Iron Queen:
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.








Julie Kagawa has created an incredibly unique world, and every page I read pulled me in deeper. In this book Julie made my heart stop, she made my cry and she made me laugh. Her characters touch your heart, and long after you have finished the book they remain tucked in safely where they once touched. The Iron Queen is the third book in this series and was a non-stop, nail-biting adventure. The faery lore that Julie has created surpasses anything I could have imagined, and is a forerunner into a whole new world of the fae. Meghan is an incredibly strong character and she was a joy to watch grow as I read each book in the series. Julies vivid descriptions made the story easy to visualize and I felt I was a part of the story.

Meghan wants nothing more than to return home and begin living a normal life, but with Ash at her side and Iron fey under the command of the false king pursuing her, she knows that might never happen. One thing she knows she must do to begin her new life, is free her father (the man who raised her as a child) from the Exiled Queen. Just as he is beginning to gain his memories back she learns that the Nevernever is under attack, and the only one who can withstand the Iron Realm is Meghan. So a deal is struck that if she defeats the false king then the exile banning them from Faery will be lifted, allowing Ash, Puck and Meghan to come and go as they please. Much has changed since she left, Summer and Winter are fighting together to stop the Iron Realm from spreading any further, but it is an exhausting and failing battle. Traveling into the Iron Realm with Ash and Puck, Meghan learns that the power of the Iron glamour (bestowed upon her at Machina's death) calls to the glamour within her. The trio make unlikely allies in the Iron rebels who seek to see the false king dead, and with their help they have a fighting chance to defeat him. When the false king's identity is revealed it is a shock to Meghan, and she had believed he had faded out of existence in the way of a faery death. In order to truly use the power within herself, Meghan must use both her Summer and Iron glamour together and in doing so it will change the course of her future forever.






1 comment:

  1. I've read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them immensely. I'm looking forward to getting this book from my library.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.