Thursday, August 11, 2011

Theme Thursday (25)

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – PATHWAYS (reference to roads, streets, passages, etc)


As I walked home, balancing on the seawall that kept the Vaders' yard and my yard from falling into the lake, my cell phone rang. I pulled it out of my backpack without hurrying.[...]


The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols




9 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the idea of the seawall passage...thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an awesome passage and as I was reading it there were the sounds of waves coming from your blog too! How clever are you!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/08/theme-thursday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. I love how the sound and you passage match! The book looks like a fun beach read.
    Thanks for stopping by to see mine
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting meme...i think I should try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like somewhere I'd like to be!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your choice - a seawall is very different.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i sitting here picturing the seawall and trying to make the connection and i just simply said. is the seawall representing the path way? OOKKKAAYY! canada has seawalls. i think that was where i was introduced to them while on a houseboat.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.