Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (63)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.



Today's book: Nightwalker by Jocelyn Drake


His name was Danaus.
And what I remember most were his eyes. I saw them first by lamplight; a flicker of dark cobalt as he paused a distance from me. His eyes were the color sapphires were meant to be, a grim sparkle of pigment. I stared at those eyes, willing time to slow down as I slipped into those still stygian depths. But it wasn't the waters of the Styx I swam in, but a cool lagoon of Lethe where I bathed in a moment of oblivion.
(Page 1)






1 comment:

  1. Intense teaser! A moment in time that seems really powerful for the story.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.