Monday, August 1, 2011

Month In Review: July



Books I read and their "Dragon Hearts of Love" rating:
(For reviews, please go to "Books Read in 2011")


1. Take No Prisoners by Cindy Gerard 5
This is a strong second to the Black Ops, Inc. series. Action, danger and romantic tensions run high throughout this entire book.


2. Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell 4
This book surprised me, I was imagining another werewolf love story, but I got so much more. The book is filled with mystery and dangerous characters making it hard to put down.


3. Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany 5
The more I read of this series, the more I love the characters. There are so many twists and turns in the plot to keep readers interested, it definitely had me hooked.


4. Nightshade by Michelle Rowen 5
This was an incredible beginning for Michelle's foray into the darker side of urban fantasy, and yet, it still has the characteristics of her writing style that I love.


5. Spell Bound by Kelley Armstrong 5
I love Kelley's Otherworld series, and although I feel her writing is a little different when she writes as Savannah, I thoroughly enjoy reading this characters story.


6. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz 4
Trying to describe this book is difficult, it was beautifully written and deals with subjects such as: grief, sexuality and family.


7. Tantalize: Kieren's Story (ARC) by Cynthia Leitich Smith 4
A graphic novel told in the perspective of Kieren a character from the novel Tantalize. I'm not big on the whole graphic novel thing, but I did enjoy the story-line.


8. Bargains and Betrayals (ARC) by Shannon Delany 5
Again, I love how many twists and turns Shannon has put into this series, this next installment has me craving even more!


9. Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke 4
I haven't read many dragon shifters books, but thanks to this book I'm beginning to have feelings for them! I can't wait to read more in this series.


10. Merciless by Diana Palmer 3
Usually Diana Palmer books are my "escape" into romance, but lately I have been finding myself getting tired of her characters always having the same behaviors. Her books are a nice light read in between some deeper reads.


11. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting 4
For the first half of this book I was rather disappointed that it was page after page of make-out scenes, but once the story began to pick up I really enjoyed this next installment of Kimberly's series.


12. The Trouble with Green by Liv James 4
A good story containing secrets, mystery and danger. I felt the book ended rather abruptly, but was happy with the final outcome.


13. Loser/Queen by Jodi Lynn Anderson 3
I would have liked to be a part of the plot voting process for this book, but I didn't find out about that until after I owned the book. It was a good story about learning to be true to yourself and accepting the consequences when your actions hurt others.


14. Memory Zero by Keri Arthur 5
I was completely engrossed with this book. Keri's characters were intriguing and pulled me right into the world she created.



Author Visit:
Michelle Rowen


Guest Blogger:
Alex




1 comment:

  1. You had a good month! Happy August reading!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.