Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Random Recommendation...(15)



Exit Strategy:
From the author of the acclaimed Women of the Otherworld series comes an exciting new heroine whose most secret identity is both lucrative—and lethal.

Regulars at Nadia's nature lodge don't ask what she does in the off-season. And that's a good thing. If she told them, she'd have to kill them. She's a hit woman for a Mafia family.

Tough and self-sufficient, Nadia doesn't owe anyone any explanations. But that doesn't mean she always works alone. One of her contacts has recruited her in the hunt for a ruthlessly efficient serial killer cutting a swath of terror across the country. The assassin is far too skilled to be an amateur—and the precision of the killings is bringing the Feds much too close to the hit man community for comfort.

To put an end to the murders, Nadia will have to turn herself from predator to prey as she employs every trick she knows to find the killer. Before the killer finds her…


First published in 2007, Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong is the first in her Nadia Stafford series. I love the complexity of the characters and the relationship between Nadia and her mentor Jack that hints at deeper feelings. Nadia is an ex-cop turned hit woman, and in order to save a lot of lives she must return to those cop instincts to catch a killer.





I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!


1 comment:

  1. OK, I have to take a closer look at "Exit Strategy." Looks very interesting and alluring! Our library has a "Books You Might have Missed" shelf with books I think the staff picks. They tend to be older ones that are still great reads. Once I saw "Celia Garth," by Gwen Bristow, (set in Revolutionary War times) on there and started a great conversation with the librarian on duty that night who, it turned out, had put it there! Through our conversation, another patron checked out the book, which I think is just a riot. Great book, too, I might add.

    My random recommendation is a non-fiction self-help book to help us all break bad habits. It's "29 Days to a Habit You Want" and is -- free! How can you beat that. You just have to download it as an ebook. I'm working on a couple things (weight and finances primarily. Our income has taken a big hit in this recession and I'm looking to do what I can to make some changes) that I want to change and this is helping me! It focuses on lasting change and (despite my wanting to do two things, I've decided on money for now) and taking one manageable goal and giving that goal your total focus for 29 days. Very useful setup and information.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.