Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday Random Recommendation...(14)



Jacob:
Since time began, there have been Nightwalkers - the races of the night who live in the shadows of the moonlight. Love with humans is absolutely forbidden, and one man makes certain to uphold this ancient law: Jacob, the Enforcer...For 700 Years, He has resisted temptation. But not tonight...Jacob knows the excuses his people give when the madness overtakes them and they fall prey to their lust for humans. He's heard every one and still brought the trespassers to justice. Immune to forbidden desires, uncontrollable hungers, or the curse of the moon, his control is total...until the moment he sees Isabella on a shadowy New York City street. Saving her life wasn't in his plans. Nor were the overwhelming feelings she arouses in him. But the moment he holds her in his arms and feels the soft explosion of her body against his, everything changes. Their attraction is undeniable, volatile, and completely against the law. Suddenly everything Jacob has ever believed is inflamed by the heat of desire...Bring on the night.


Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank was first published in 2006 and is the first on the Nightwalkers series. Jacquelyn puts a whole new spin on demons and I loved every moment of it! Instead of demons being ugly, heartless and evil creatures, they are very close to human in appearance with kind and honorable values. It is not until a demon is "summoned" that they are turned into mindless, horrifying creatures. There are many other supernaturals that you meet in this series but it is the demons who link the series together.





I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!


2 comments:

  1. I have read and enjoyed books 1-5 in the series and agree that this first book should have it's own stand alone recommendation. As for me it was a tie between Jacob's story and Noah's being my favorite of the 5.

    I have one for you today from Jenna Black

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this feature! I have this book on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.