Saturday, July 31, 2010

On My Wishlist (11)


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.



Halo by Alexandra Adornetto:
Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings. But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.






Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus:
Since her sister’s mysterious death, Persephone “Phe” Archer has been plagued by a series of disturbing dreams. Determined to find out what happened to her sister, Phe enrolls at Devenish Prep in Shadow Hills, Massachusetts—the subject of her sister’s final diary entry.

After stepping on campus, Phe immediately realizes that there’s something different about this place—an unexplained epidemic that decimated the town in the 1700s, an ancient and creepy cemetery, and gorgeous boy Zach—and somehow she’s connected to it all.

But the more questions she asks and the deeper she digs, the more entangled Phe becomes in the haunting past of Shadow Hills. Finding what links her to this town…might cost her her life.




The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan:
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister’s face when she and Elias left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the horde as they found their way to the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.

Annah’s world stopped that day and she’s been waiting for him to come home ever since. Without him, her life doesn’t feel much different from that of the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Then she meets Catcher and everything feels alive again.

Except, Catcher has his own secrets -- dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah’s longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it’s up to Annah -- can she continue to live in a world drenched in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return’s destruction?



9 comments:

  1. These look like really good reads...I've actually added them to my wishlist just now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! I want them all, too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added Carrie Ryan to my wish list as well as have not read anything by her yet and know there is a prior book, Halo has the coolest cover of them all!
    Hope you get your wishes Amy...

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thumbs up for Shadow Hills!!! I have heard some really good things about that one!!!

    Feel free to check out my Wishlist
    Here

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the cover on the book Halo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halo and Shadow Hills are both on my wishlist. I can't believe Halo was written by a 16 year old (or was she 15?)!!!

    Hope you get to read all these books soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halo is a stunning cover. I wouldn't mind reading it myself. I hope that you get your books and you enjoy them. Here's mine Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not seen nor heard of The Dark and Hollow Places. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love the sound of all these books and have added them to my own wishlist. The cover for Halo is stunning.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you get to read these books soon.

    My Wishlist is here

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.