Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (6)


This is a fun weekly meme hosted by One Persons Journey Through a World of Books.


Books read last week:
Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han




The book I'm reading now:

Waking the Witch:
The orphaned daughter of a sorcerer and a half-demon, Savannah is a terrifyingly powerful young witch who has never been able to resist the chance to throw her magical weight around. But at 21 she knows she needs to grow up and prove to her guardians, Paige and Lucas, that she can be a responsible member of their supernatural detective agency. So she jumps at the chance to fly solo, investigating the mysterious deaths of three young women in a nearby factory town as a favor to one of the agency's associates. At first glance, the murders look garden-variety human, but on closer inspection signs point to otherworldly stakes.

Soon Savannah is in over her head. She's run off the road and nearly killed, haunted by a mystery stalker, and freaked out when the brother of one of the dead women is murdered when he tries to investigate the crime. To complicate things, something weird is happening to her powers. Pitted against shamans, demons, a voodoo-inflected cult and garden-variety goons, Savannah has to fight to ensure her first case isn't her last. And she also has to ask for help, perhaps the hardest lesson she's ever had to learn.



Books that spark my interest this week:
The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh


2 comments:

  1. You had a good week. I liked Frostbitten. I had some of my students tell me they loved The Summer I Turned Pretty. I really want to read Waking the Witch and can hardly wait until it arrives. Here is my Monday Report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I forgot Monday was coming up and didn't do a monday reading post. I'm also reading Waking the Witch, and enjoying it. I thought I would be done with it by now, but little things like toddlers running around are slowing me down. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.