Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Random Recommendation...(8)



A Hunger Like No Other:
A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?



This is the first book in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series and was first published in 2006. Lachlain is a true Alpha male that any woman would love to snuggle up with!



I invite and welcome anyone interested in participating to post their own "Random Recommendation" (original post) on their blog (and include a link back to this blog) and join in the fun! Some books might not be very recent reads, but I hope that just helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own bookshelf!


2 comments:

  1. Amy your picture is missing but know the book and love the series!!! This story is especially dear to my heart as introduced me to Kresley Cole's work.

    Thanks for stopping by mine today too....

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one ---I think. This is the one where the female is in Paris? I remember valkyries playing a big part.

    I tried recently to read one of the later books, and it didn't hold my interest. But I really loved this book, I remember some laughs and funny parts. It was a good first book (of a series)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.