Thursday, August 25, 2011

Theme Thursday (27)


Theme Thursdays

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week's theme is - TREES (Plants/Greenery)

It was beautiful, of course; I couldn't deny that. Everything was green: the trees, their trunks covered with moss, their branches hanging with a canopy of it, the ground covered with ferns. Even the air filtered down greenly through the leaves.


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer



7 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I've not read this series. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Now I would have to go back to this book to read it once again...I just can't stop myself if twilight is referenced in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the series, but the snippet is great!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Twilight - how I love thee!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/08/theme-thursday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very evocative snippet. Great choice for this week.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twilight! I read this series with a teen friend. Thank you for bringing back some happy memories. The choice was awesome for the theme.
    http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.