Thursday, August 18, 2011

Theme Thursday (26)


Theme Thursdays

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week's theme is - RECREATION (Any spot you would go for a break; park, resort, library, etc.)


When I got off work at two in the afternoon, I rode my motorcycle to the city park. I could have jogged my daily five miles up and down the highway in front of Eggstra! Eggstra!, but I preferred the park. The hospital and rehab center were nearby. Lots of people with knee injuries or multiple sclerosis gimped along the track. It made you think that if they could do it, you could do it. Even if you had just spent eight hours flipping pancakes at Eggstra! Eggstra! on top of eight hours being faked out by a teenage cop.


Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols




4 comments:

  1. I really need to read Jennifer Echols. I keep seeing snippets from her that I enjoy. Great choice!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always lovely cover and great snippet. Hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the book cover...and the snippet is lovely too. How do you find the book? Would really like to know so that I can pick it up...:)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.