Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (32)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)





Clayton Danvers
Book: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Series: Women of the Otherworld

A werewolf who is the protector of the Alpha. He has a Ph.D. in anthropology and model-perfect good looks: slim hips, a broad chest and sculpted biceps. He has a Deep Southern drawl, close-cropped blond curls and blue eyes. He's rough around the edges and has a reputation that would frighten anyone with half a brain out of misbehaving, but underneath that hardened exterior he loves fully and with all his heart, and is a caring father and faithful husband.







Quotes:


Clay grinned. "You forget, darling. I am the local psychopath."


"Sparing you?" Clay gave a harsh laugh. "You know what I am, Elena. If I pretended otherwise, you'd accuse me of trying to deceive you. I don't want you to come back to me because you think I've changed. I want you to come back because you accept what I am. If I could change, don't you think I'd have done it for you by now? I want you back. Not for a night or a few weeks or even a couple of months. I want you back for good. I'm miserable when you're not here--"

"You're miserable because you don't have what you want. Not because you want me."

"Goddamn it!" Clay swung his fist out, knocking a brass penholder off the desk. "You won't listen! You won't listen and you won't see. You know I love you, that I want you. Damn it, Elena, if I just wanted a partner, any partner, do you think I'd have spent ten years trying to get you back? Why haven't I just given up and found someone else?"



8 comments:

  1. Awe. I love reading about men who are loyal fathers and husbands. Dr. Clay sounds amazing. That first quote made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY need to read this series! Loved the last quote because declarations like that are always my favorite parts of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADAM!!!! not Clay!

    I haven't started spellbound. I'm sad that its the second to last book. But excited for what I hope to be massive amounts of sexy adam time. and maybe some Lucus.

    Anywho. best werewolf in this series was Logan. Or Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart that first quote and feel that anyone who can admit to being the town psychopath is a perfect match for me! *grins maniacally* I'll have to pick up this series. Awesome quotes, Amy!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love Clay, he's the perfect book boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMIGOD How much do I love Clay? SO much! I was so glad we got to get a peek into him in Men of the Otherworld. As much as I love Savannah, I can't wait till Clay and Elena come back to the centerfold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go back and forth with Clay. I mean, he BIT and TURNED Elena! But I love that he's odd and doesn't seem to quite understand humans or "normal" human interactions. Plus, the strong, silent type? Yes, please!
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekly meme. I have many "book boyfriends" but admit Clay is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.