Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Book Boyfriend (33)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)




Darius
Book: Dark Fire by Christine Feehan
Series: Dark/Carpathians

Long black hair that is shaggy and untamed, tall and sinewy, broad shoulders and eyes that are black as night. His mouth holds a sultry, moody kind of sexiness that is hard to resist. He is a Carpathian, a blood-drinking, alpha male and centuries old, leader and guardian of the Dark Troubadours; modern-day traveling musicians. He has an Old World, old fashioned manner that can be considered nothing less than sexy.






Quotes:


Darius reached out and tipped up her chin with two fingers so that he could stare directly into her green eyes. Two fingers. That was all. But it felt as if he had put chains on her, bound them together in some inexplicable manner. She felt the impact of his gaze burning into her, branding her as his.


"I need you."

He said the words so quietly that she barely heard them. He made the statement starkly, utterly without embellishment. There was no mental push, no other form of persuasion. Still, the way he said it was like an arrow piercing her heart. She had no defense against those three words. No way to combat the truth of them. The truth she heard in his voice.



4 comments:

  1. Nice choice! I've read the first half of the Dark series, not sure I'll ever catch up with all the books, but I love what I've read so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this series before, but Darius sounds intense. I'm loving the sound of that stare down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have yet to read this series, though I hear good things. What a powerful quote you used!! Seriously says a lot about him already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, every girl wants to be told she is needed. It's more than an arrow, it's more like a hook. This book sounds good!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.