Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater {Mini Review}


Forever:
The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.










This is going to be a very short review, I loved the book, but I am kind of at a loss as to what to say. Maggie Stiefvater is an amazingly gifted writer, her words are poetic and her books flow with a lyrical beauty. Although my general consensus of the book is positive, I did find that this book to be very slow paced, there were times that I found the story to be 'stalled'. It took a long time for the story to get moving, and watching the characters grow and overcome obstacles in their lives was wonderful to see. There was resolution for events and conflicts that happened in the first two books, but the ending (although it does work for this book) left me wanting more; I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want to give anything away for those who have not finished Forever yet.






1 comment:

  1. Shiver is in my current stack of TBR books. I should get to it in a couple of days (I know, I'm late to the party). I can't wait!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.