Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why Haven't I Read You? (22)

Every Wednesday I’ll choose a book off one of my (many) shelves that I haven’t read for some reason or another, and include the first few lines from the first page.
Feel free to join in, and leave your comments about the books I feature if you have read them!

”You know what your problem is?”

I waited for the rumble from a distant clap of thunder to fade away before answering. “Yes. We can’t get the legislature to understand why their repeal of the roadless act is going to devastate this country’s wild forests to the point where they will never recover.”

Tara sighed. “No, that’s not it.”

“Ah, then it must be the blatant disregard of the Clean Water Act by the cement industry, and the subsequent poisoning of several hundred streams and the countless generations of salmon who spawn there.”

Another sigh followed, drawn out and martyred as only a sixteen-year-old could make it. “No, that’s not it either.”

Blow Me Down by Katie MacAlister




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.