Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sundays with Sarah (35)

To find out more about Sarah and this feature go here.



Hi everyone, welcome to another Sundays with Sarah.

Well this week I am going to do some movie reviews and I hope that you will leave comments in the end about your favorite flicks.

I am going to do my top five films I like (in no particular order):

1. The Green Lantern

Hal Jordan, a talented test pilot, is chosen by an alien force of warriors to become their representative on Earth and use his new powers as the Green Lantern to promote order and justice before conflict destroys his world.

I've always been big on Marvel comics and super heros and Green Lantern has always been my favorite. This movie has awesome CGI and semi lame story line but in the end delivers where it needs.

4/5






2. Bulletproof Monk

A mysterious and immortal Tibetan kung fu master who has spent the last 60 years traveling around the world protecting the ancient Scroll of the Ultimate, mentors a selfish street kid in the ancient intricacies of kung fu.

Like a little Kung Fu? then this is the movie for 'Yu' ok a bad pun but Yun Fat Chow (and no not my lunch) plays a wicked and mysterious man in this action packed film. Mixed with some romance and some bad ass Nazi, this movie has a few morals to the story.

3/5  




3. Parasitic

A group of friends are trapped inside a nightclub with an unseen terror. One at a time they fall victim to the ravenous, bloodthirsty beast, and those remaining must fight to survive and destroy the creature before it is let loose into the world.

Ok if you love horror, this is a good movie. Packed with some grotesque scenes and some awesome creature effects this movie will be sure to get under your skin.

3/5 




 

4. Kit Kittredge: An American Girl

This Depression-era drama inspired by the American Girl franchise follows aspiring journalist Kit Kittredge, whose ingenuity and courage help save her family's house when their savings are stolen during a series of robberies.

Ok I am one to admit I've always had a crush on Abigail Breslin (as an actor nothing more so get your minds out of the gutter). Such a talented actress who has a dynamic range of talent in many genres this girl makes acting look easy. This movie is a great family favorite and shows us how to persevere. This is like Nancy Drew meets a box of kleenex and Hugs.

5/5 




5. Balls of Fury

Former table-tennis pro Randy Daytona (Dan Fogler) is down on his luck and down on his game when FBI agent Ernie Rodriguez (George Lopez) recruits him for a mission he can't refuse -- to smoke out his father's killer, the evil Feng (Christopher Walken). With the help of a blind sage (James Hong) and an expert trainer (Maggie Q), Daytona travels to Feng's jungle compound, where he'll face a raft of formidable players en route to the prize.

Ok if you love stupid comedy then this is a great movie. It’s one of Walkens best comedies. Enough said.

3/5 



Anyways that’s my quick post this week stay tuned as my next post will be about my cross Canada trip with a big surprise in the end



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.