Monday, July 22, 2013

Protector by Diana Palmer

Protector:
His brother had been the only family he had left in the world. Hayes, a long, tall and serious Texan, has long been suspicious of the blond-haired, bright-eyed Minette Raynor, who is both mysterious and beautiful. And now he’s convinced that Minette was involved in giving his brother the drugs that killed him. As far as Hayes is concerned, neither her looks nor anything else will stand in the way of him righting what is so very wrong.

Minette can’t get Hayes off her mind, or off her back. His investigation of her is a nuisance, but as an undercover DEA agent, that’s the least of her worries. Until she finds herself in great danger, and he’s the only one who can save her. Can she count on Hayes believing the truth and saving her life?


Along with the misleading synopsis, this book was filled with problems for me. I have been a huge fan of Diana Palmer’s Long Tall Texans series for ages, and Diana is an auto-buy for me. My shelves are filled with my favorites by her, but lately it seems that she is just recycling old plot lines with slight variations. I didn’t feel the spark I normally would from her two main characters clashing together. Instead, Minette and Hayes just seemed to fizzle on the page, and their relationship never really made my heart go all pitter-patter. Despite the romance being a little dull, a few things I did like were…Hayes’ kindness towards Minette’s younger siblings, leading to his love for them. Minette played a big role in their rescue and was her own hero when she and Hayes became kidnapped by a nefarious drug lord. We got to follow up on a few characters from previous books, and Diana foreshadowed a new character for her readers…one I can’t possibly pass up, because Diana Palmer books are my crack.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.