Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin Street:
Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core. Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached. But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.


I’m not typically one to pick up an erotic novel, but after hearing so many amazing things about On Dublin Street by Samantha Young, I just had to give this one a try. And I’m glad I did, because I was sucked in from the very first page and found it very difficult to put this book down. Now does this mean that I’ll try more erotica? ...I don’t know. I enjoy sex in my books, don’t get me wrong, but page after page of lust just seems to become monotonous to me. That being said, I think Samantha did a wonderful job of combining the perfect mixture of romance, hot sex and an actual emotional story-line. Joss was such an emotionally complex person that I was constantly kept off balance with her, and I absolutely loved that about her character. Braden was arrogant, but completely loveable; he was always open and easy to understand where he stood emotionally.

As a young teenager Joss lost her family and her best friend during a short span of time. Spending her formative years in foster homes hardened her emotionally, leading her to believe that she didn’t need anyone else in her life; afraid that if she were to let anyone in she would only be hurt when they eventually left. But that all changed when she crossed paths with Braden, and moved into a new apartment, unknowingly sharing the place with Braden’s sister, Ellie. Joss quickly learns that Ellie is not someone you can really close out of your life; her genuine kindness opens up a crack in the wall Joss has surrounded herself with. And she soon finds herself letting things from her past come to light, something she has never done with anyone else. Joss is used to pushing people away. But as Joss and Braden become closer thanks to Ellie, Braden discovers that if he is to keep Joss, he’ll have to use all of his wiles to convince her allow him into her heart and love her for who she is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.