Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why Haven't I Read You? (20)

Every Wednesday I’ll choose a book off one of my (many) shelves that I haven’t read for some reason or another, and include the first few lines from the first page.
Feel free to join in, and leave your comments about the books I feature if you have read them!

Under the glare of streetlights, I could see that the grass of Stefan's front lawn had dried to yellow by the high summer heat. It had been mowed, but only with an eye to trimming the length of the grass, not making it aesthetically pleasing. Judging by the debris of dead grass in the yard, the lawn had been left to grow long enough that the city might have demanded that it be mowed. The grass that remained was so dry that whoever had cut it wouldn't have to do it again unless someone started watering.


River Marked by Patricia Briggs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.