Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Why Haven't I Read You? (18)

Every Wednesday I’ll choose a book off one of my (many) shelves that I haven’t read for some reason or another, and include the first few lines from the first page.
Feel free to join in, and leave your comments about the books I feature if you have read them!

The eyes of London were watching Claire Jenkins.

She didn't notice them, of course. No one paid attention to the cameras. It was an accepted fact that London has one of the most extensive CCTV systems in the world. The conservative estimate was that there were a million cameras around the city, but the actual number was probably much higher and growing all the time. The feed went to the police, security firms, MI5 and thousands of private individuals--forming a loose and all-encompassing net. It was impossible to do anything in London without the CCTV catching you at some point.

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.