Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goddess Interrupted by Aimée Carter {Mini Review}


Goddess Interrupted:
Kate Winters has won immortality.
But if she wants a life with Henry in the Underworld, she'll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry's first wife, Persephone.


In this second book of the Goddess Test trilogy by Aimée Carter, I still had a hard time connecting with Henry. I know how devastating it was for him to lose Persephone all those years ago, but he built a wall around his heart to protect himself, and continually hides behind it. No matter how Kate tries to prove her love for him. While I enjoyed the fact that Aimée constantly tugged on my heartstrings throughout this novel, I sometimes found Kate to be a little tiresome and whiny. She can be brave and selfless, I completely agree with others about that, but no matter how many times those around her continue to tell her that Henry cares her, she refuses to believe it and nearly loses him forever. Persephone didn’t add much to the story for me, although she did manage to get through to Henry, and he finally realizes that his feelings for her belong in the past, and Kate is his future.


There was plenty of action to keep this book moving at a fast pace: a Titan pursuing escape, and able to do irreparable harm to the gods, and an angry goddess seeking revenge against Henry and Kate. And the ending…the ending left me stunned and slack-jawed at the betrayal from someone so close to Kate.





2 comments:

  1. Love the cover, have heard about this book one several blogs. But I have never read it:) Maybe is time I check this out soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.