Friday, March 22, 2013

Forgotten Fridays (50)

I invite and welcome anyone interested to post their own Forgotten Friday and join in the fun! I feature a book that I have read and have forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Some books might recent reads and some might be older reads, but I hope this helps these (sometimes forgotten) books earn a spot on your own TBR pile!

The Wild Road by Marjorie M Liu
First Published: July 2008
Series: Dirk & Steele
goodreads

A woman wakes in a strange room, covered in blood, surrounded by the dead. She does not know who she is. Pinned on her jacket is a crumpled note. Run, it reads.

Lannes Hannelore is one of a dying race born to protect mankind against demonic forces. And while those who look upon him see a beautiful man, this illusion is nothing but a prison. His existence is one of pure isolation, hiding in plain sight, with brief solace found in simple pleasures: stretching his wings on a stormy night, long late drives on empty highways, the deep soul of sad songs. But when Lannes finds a young woman covered in blood- desperate and alone, with no memory or past- he will be drawn into a mystery that makes him questions all he knows. And though it goes against his natures and everything he fears, Lannes will risk his heart, his secrets, and his very soul in order to save someone who could be the love of his life... or the end of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.