Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (73)


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Quinn Tyrrell
Book: Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke
Series: Dragonfire

He’s one of the Pyr, a dragon shifter, silver and blue in his dragon form. In human form, his voice is as rich as bittersweet chocolate, his hair is dark and wavy and he has an impressive, muscular build. Handsome in a rugged way and dark, thick lashes that frame brilliant blue eyes, that stad out vibrantly against his tanned skin. The muscles of his broad shoulders come from years working as a blacksmith and his body moves with an athletic ease.



Quotes:

“I’d just like to see you safely on your way.”
“In return for?”
“Knowing that you’re safe.”
“That sounds very chivalrous.”
His eyes twinkled. “Who says chivalry is dead?”

“That white towel almost glows, princess,” he said quietly. “Are you trying to tempt me?”
“I’m no temptress,” Sara said with a laugh.
Quinn didn’t laugh. He came toward her, the firestorm making the air crackle with heat between them. “Wrong.” Quinn spoke with a conviction that surprised her. “You look like my mermaid, her hair all wild and her eyes filled with promises.”

Quinn had often been accused of being purposeful and goal oriented, but on this night, he had a profound sense of having been cheated.
He wasn’t ready to be without Sara Keegan.
He wasn’t ready for his firestorm to be over.
And he wasn’t ready to be alone again.
He wondered whether he ever would be.



8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book. *sighs* Book Boyfriend is causing havoc on my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why had I not heard of this series before? I haven't read many books about dragon shifters, so I am definitely adding this one to my list. Though it's probably going to make me wish I was Quinn's mermaid. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this series either, but it looks fantastic! Yet another book to add to my tbr pile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven´t heard about this book but the quotes are great.
    I hope I can read it some day.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this, but I love dragon shifters. Quinn sounds awesome...I especially love that last quote.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh a dragon shifter... with dark hair and blue eyes...who's ruggedly handsome.... who says stuff like THAT.
    Yup. Definitely going on my TBR list.

    Here’s my book boyfriend of the week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness! I seriously can't wait to read this one! That cover is just wow and those quotes definitely have me fanning myself. This is one I'm putting at the top of my TBR pile - Thank you so much for sharing and adding more to the books I must read right away! Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-16-evan-mathews.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.