Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (72)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



Judd Dunn
Book: Lawless by Diana Palmer
Series: N/A

He's a Texas Ranger, tall, with a lean body he keeps in shape by working on his ranch and darkly handsome. He's often seen with a Stetson jerked low over his eyes. His voice is deep, dark velvet, even when he doesn't mean it to be. Straight black hair, and deep-set black eyes. He's an honorable man who married a young girl to save her from an abusive father, a business arrangement, and in the five years of their "paper marriage" he has never broken his vows to her.


Quotes:

"No," he said involuntatily. "Hell, no!"
"What?" she quiried, puzzled by the look on his face.
He moved, one of those lightning-fast motions that could even intimidate their cowboys. His lean hands framed her rounded face and tugged it up so that her dark eyes were meeting his at a proximity they'd never shared.
"Not Grier," he said huskily, his eyes falling to her parted full lips. "Not the first time..."

"You're staring," he accused.
"So are you," she shot back.
His eyes narrowed slowly. Then ran over her body like caressing fingers, almost physically touching her. It was like a moment out of time, with the world very far away, just the two of them in the dimly lit living room with the television blaring away, unnoticed.
"Suppose I told you," he said intently, "that a divorce doesn't cost much more than an annulment?"

His cheeks went ruddy. He studied her face hungrily. "I've been in love with you since we married. But you were so young, honey, and you knew nothing of men and the world outside the ranch. I was afraid..."



5 comments:

  1. I love the quotes you picked, Amy! They really set the stage and match with your description of him. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds pretty swoony. Great book boyfriend xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I'm totally swooning right now! That description! And those quotes! Just--awww. I really need to read this book!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cowboys! That last quote makes me want to pick this book up right now. Great choice!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-42-kale.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I LOVE your guy! I haven't read the series yet, but I definitely am now. Great quotes too – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-15-gabriel-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.