Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blood and Silver (ARC) by James R. Tuck


Blood and Silver:
He hasn't met a monster yet that could give him a scare. With ice in his veins, silver hollow-points in his chambers, and an innate ability to rise from the dead, what's to fear? The answer may be something he doesn't want to face...

Deacon Chalk normally has no trouble telling innocent victims from real monsters. So protecting an abused pregnant were-dog is a no-brainer...until a vicious lycanthrope leader and his brotherhood target Deacon, other shape-shifters, and any humans in their way. Suddenly Deacon is outnumbered, outgunned and unsure who--or what--to trust. The only edge he has left is a weapon hungry for his soul and his most savage impulses. And using it will exact a price even this hell-raising hunter fears to pay...



James R Tuck has created such a kick-butt and awesome world, that I become completely immersed in the moment I pick up his books. Deacon Chalk is one of those characters that stays with you long after you have finished the book. And I swear, this book is so fast paced that it felt like it was over in the blink of an eye. It's action-packed with thrilling danger, tension and mystery. I love the small changes I've seen in Deacon's character, simple things, like opening his heart to more than anger and rage. Tiff, a woman from Deacon's past that has made a place for herself in his present, has turned out to be a stronger and deeper character than I originally believed her to be, and she has completely impressed me.

Old characters return and new ones are introduced. New powerful enemies threaten Deacon and his friends, and Deacon must form new alliances with the other lycanthropes in order to protect those around him. Betrayal comes from within and in turn leads Deacon into a trap that could end not only his life, but also the lives of anyone fighting at his side.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.