Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Book Boyfriend (70)

My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader, in which we swoon over boys in books!
(I--as in me, Amy--don't like to use commercial photos, I like to use the authors' descriptions and my imagination.)



John Logan
Book: The Search by Iris Johansen
Series: Eve Duncan Mysteries

He's one of the foremost economic forces in the world, he made billions with his computer company and other enterprises before he'd turned forty. His charisma is one of the most powerful weapons in his arsenal. He's muscular, big, strong and fit. Beautiful in a masculine way, and tough as nails. He can, and will be completely ruthless when it comes to protecting those he cares about.



Quotes:

"Nothing's wrong with me. No, that's a lie." He shook her. "You're driving me crazy. You're not alone in the world, dammit. You don't have to do everything for yourself."

She opened her eyes as she felt his handkerchief touch her cheek. "What are you doing?"
"You're crying." He wiped her tears and then handed her the handkerchief. "Why do women always cry when they're happy? It doesn't make sense." He went over to the sink. "And it's disconcerting as hell."
"Why?"
"Tears are a sign of sorrow, and it's a primative instinct for a man to try to heal sorrow in a woman." He was returninng to her carrying a damp dish towel. "It messes up our minds when threre's no sorrow to heal. Give me your hand."
"What?"
"You're bleeding." He took her right hand and gently dabbed her bruised her knuckles with the towel. "And that's a wound I can heal."

"Move over." Logan slipped naked in bed beside her and pulled her into his arms.
"I don't want you here."
"Tough. You've got me." He brushed his lips on her temple. "My God, have you got me. Now relax. I don't want to do anything more than comfort you."



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your guy! He sounds like the right amount of swoon worthy awesomeness! I haven't read this one yet, but I definitely am now - thank you so much for sharing him! Have a great weekend! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-13-caleb-jacobson.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that John reminds me of Roarke from the In Death series? Now I have to check these books out! Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-book-boyfriend-40-sebastian-st.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. *swoon* Yeah, and now Logan's got me. I love his primitive instincts to care for his woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW that second quotes was too much! This book is SO going on my TBR list!


    Here’s my book boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, hes totally awesome!Hes really worthy of your attention. I am swoon too...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.