Thursday, June 16, 2011

Theme Thursday (17)

Theme Thursdays


Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event hosted by Reading Between Pages that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.


This week’s theme is – SHAPE


Instead of going to my room, I made my way to Central Processing. It was still early but that's another great thing about Lish: she doesn't sleep. I loved Central Processing. Unlike the rest of the Center, it didn't look sterile. The entire room was a circle, with desks placed against the wall and everything based around Lish's gorgeous aquarium. About fifty feet in diameter, it was fifteen feet high and a perfect circle. They even managed to transplant a living coral reef, complete with tropical fish in the crystal blue water. Way better than my unit.


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White



12 comments:

  1. I would love to get to see that aquarium - the description is great. You have an excellent shape find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the perfect circle. that aquarium sounds big! I love fish and have a nice plasma tank on my wall with salt water fish and a small round tank in bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover!

    here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like an interesting room. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good description. I found this week's one really difficult, but got there in the end!

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book just sounds better and better everytime I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds an amazing room. Great snippet for this week's theme. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think circles give a feeling of endlessness specially if your are confined in a room. This is a unique description and probably the first circle I saw this month. BTW, the cover is catchy specially the colors on her dress. PS: Did I tell you I used your cover last week again in my meme (ofcourse I mentioned I stole it from you :) )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice description and I love the cover...

    Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday-formas.html

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA folks. I'm getting too much spam again!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every one that I receive and I appreciate your thoughts.